This is an introduction to VoIP Drupal and how you can use it on your site to allow visitors to call and receive information, or your Website can call or text members (Call Blast). You can create an instant conference line, or setup a PBX style system where the caller can make choices on what extension they reach. Each entity can have a unique phone extension.
VoIP Drupal is a suite of modules that consists of core modules that interact with other modules such as the one on the demo site that has the dial keypad.
VoIP Drupal also works with roles and permissions to create a very flexible and granular automated system that can be triggered by actions. Some of the VoIP Drupal modules come with Blocks that allow you to choose the script and the caller ID number etc.
VoIP Drupal is ready to install on your Drupal site, and you can get involved in the future development and testing of new functionality. VoIP Drupal easily handles:
- Instant Conference calls - no long PIN numbers
- Group SMS text Notifications between members
- Post Audio Blogs on your site
- SMS text messages posted on your site
- Group Voice Mail - answering machine
- Out-calling for scheduled messages
- Community call lists
- Information hotlines
- Story recording / playback
- Language training
- Audio tours
- Adventure games
- Geo-based callblasts aimed at specific streets or locations
- Much more than I can list here...
The VoIP Drupal platform was originally conceived and implemented by the MIT Center for Civic Media (http://civic.mit.edu/).